Wrong Site Surgery Attorney in Fresno
Causes of Wrong Site Surgeries
A wrong site surgery is when a surgery is performed on the wrong part, or wrong side of the body due to
medical negligence. This may cause extensive injury to a patient, often times requiring them to have a second or third surgery to both correct the damage from the wrong site surgery and also carry out the surgery originally planned. Wrong site surgery can also lead to disability,
wrongful death. It's shocking to think that a team of medical professionals could end up operating on the wrong part of a patient's body, but sadly this very serious surgical injury does happen. Potential reasons that may contribute to a wrong site injury include:
- Incompletely patient assessment, including incomplete or negligent preoperative care
- Incorrect marking of surgical site
- Lack of communication between the surgeon and other medical staff
- Multiple surgeons involved in one case
- Multiple surgical procedures performed at once
- Organizational or staffing issues.
- Time constraints to start or complete a surgery
- Unusual physical characteristics of the patient, such as morbid obesity or a physical deformity
How a Fresno Wrong Site Surgery Lawyer Could Help
While there are risks to any surgery, a wrong site surgery is a very serious act of medical malpractice. Whether it was a doctor, nursing, or hospital error, the results can be catastrophic. If you or a family member has been injured as a result of a wrong site injury in Fresno, it's very important that you consult with a medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. At the Pacific Attorney Group we take our client's rights very seriously, and we will aggressively represent our case to seek a top value settlement for the terrible injuries that can result from wrong site surgeries. Negligent medical professionals and organizations need to be held accountable for their errors, and you may be entitled to financial compensation for your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional trauma.
Your first consultation with one of our experienced
Fresno wrong site surgery attorneys
is free. Contact the Pacific Attorney Group to seek justice for your wrong site surgery today!